How to create e-commerce website
Category : Uncategorized
What is Ecommerce?E-commerce (electronic commerce or EC) is the buying and selling of goods and services, or the transmitting of funds or data, over an electronic network, primarily the internet. These business transactions occur either as business-to-business, business-to-consumer, consumer-to-consumer or consumer-to-business. The terms e-commerce and e-business are often used interchangeably. The term e-tail is also sometimes used in reference to transactional processes for online shopping.
Basic types of e-commerce:
- Business-to-Business (B2B)
- Business-to-Consumer (B2C)
- Consumer-to-Consumer (C2C)
- Consumer-to-Business (C2B).
- Business-to-Administration (B2A)
- Consumer-to-Administration (C2A)
Advantages of e-commerce:The main advantage of e-commerce is its ability to reach a global market, without necessarily implying a large financial investment. The limits of this type of commerce are not defined geographically, which allows consumers to make a global choice, obtain the necessary information and compare offers from all potential suppliers, regardless of their locations.
Disadvantages of e-commerce:
- Strong dependence on information and communication technologies (ICT);
- Lack of legislation that adequately regulates the new e-commerce activities, both nationally and internationally;
- Market culture is averse to electronic commerce (customers cannot touch or try the products);
- The users’ loss of privacy, the loss of regions’ and countries’ cultural and economic identity;
- Insecurity in the conduct of online business transactions.